Monday, September 01, 2008

Double Chance? Double the Fist

First it was North Melbourne, and then Adelaide and now finally it’s St. Kilda who has pulled a Bradbury and skated into fourth, otherwise known as the “double-fisting” position. So be it. To paraphrase Steven King (the author), “Bring out your dead!” And to quote Mrs Watson, “they will make an excellent ass-hat.” More on that later, but first a quick look at the other finals and some other happenings…

Sydney vs North Melbourne
I reckon North gave the game away against Port Adelaide to deliberately avoid Geelong in the first final, their reasoning being that ‘Hey, we’re not going to beat them, let’s get on the other side of the draw and take our chances’. And good on ‘em, I hope they make the Grand Final. That way I’ll be able to start work on the back-to-back premiership blog right after Brownlow night. Idiots. So, an experienced but banged up Sydney team with home field advantage and an always competitive game plan against a well balanced North team who were being called ‘the form side of the competition’ only 2 weeks ago: Sydney trying to keep it to an ugly, scrappy game and North trying to open it up and bomb it in to their tall, goofy-looking forward line. A tip? Fark me, North by two goals and Mrs Watson to call it “the most atrocious finals game I’ve ever seen”.

Terry Terrific
It looks like Richmond might finally be waking up to Terry Wallace with the club President calling the Tigers year a “5/10”. Terry responded, and this is true, by saying, “that’s a bit harsh. I’d give it a 6.5”. Ridiculous. They need to fire him ASAP. Year 4 of his 5 year plan has finished with the club in exactly the same spot it was when he took over; ninth. Now, I’m pretty sure that when Terry spelled out his 5 year plan 4 years ago, that the end goal of that plan was not to finish ninth, not to scrap into the finals, not even to make a Grand Final but to actually win a premiership, which he is nowhere near. This club will continue to go nowhere until… Wait, what am I doing? Keep up the good work Richmond! Sign Terry to an extension immediately! And sign Richo up again while you’re at it. And do you still have Kent Kingsley’s number? No? Oh well, what number will Shannon Byrnes be wearing for you guys next year?

Adelaide vs Collingwood
It’s probably the worst case scenario for Collingwood to travel to Adelaide; another win throughout the year and they would have played at home, or in Sydney, where they recently smashed the Swans. But tough fucking titties, Pies. I’m sick of hearing or reading about this club and their celebration of the mediocre. Mick Malthouse is getting crazier at the same rate his daughter is getting fatter. So they go to Adelaide. And they lose. And we laugh.

Hawthorn vs Western Bulldogs
Is it just me or did the Dogs lose interest in football after Geelong belted them? I hope these two teams belt the crap out each other. Actually, I’m hoping for a body count somewhere in the range of the first 20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan.

Geelong vs St. Kilda
Seeing as though the Cats haven’t played St. Kilda since Round 4 there is a little bit of the unknown about them. So let me refresh your memories. They’re shit. Last time these two teams met the Cats had a pretty flat first quarter before pulling the usual “foot-to-the-floor” second quarter and had the cue securely back in the rack by the third. The final margin of 42 points could easily have been 65+. And while this time around we’ve welcomed back Brad Ottens and are trying to find room for Rooke, Mackie, Wojack and Jimmy Kelly, check out the *ahem* depth of the other “best young list” in the league, and these are all players who made their best 22 last week mind you: Gwilt, Hudghton, Gilbert, King, Birss, Blake, Jones, Scheinder, Gardiner, Eddy and Raph Clarke. Add into the equation the Cats improved form, the wide open spaces of the MCG and the fact that St. Kilda is coming off what was essentially a VFL game and it all spells T-H-U-M-P-I-N-G.

So fuck St. Kilda. Fuck the up-coming 17 Robert Walls articles during the week pumping up their chances and fuck anyone else who thinks they’re getting close to this Geelong team. It’s time to get our hands dirty. Mrs Watson, hand me my elbow length gloves...

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Captain, my dream has come to fruition!!!

Dearest Essendon, thank you so much for rolling over providing the Saints with the key to the navy blue and white door labelled "OBLIVION".

And dear Stephanie Macintosh, be a good girl and go and buy a couple of plane tickets, one for you and one for Nick. I hear Phuket is nice in September. Book them for a departure in a fortnight, Nick will be free from then on. Don't forget to pack him plenty of 30+.

Oh and Steph, nice tits out work in that show that you were in on channel 9 that all of us Victorians haven't been allowed to watch (I swear officer, I drove to Albury to watch it!)

And could somebody please whisper in Max Rooke's ear before the game that Milney was checking out his sister.

Predictions:
Cats by 50
Hawks by 15
Pies by 3
Kangas by 6 in extra time on Wednesday evening

Once again excellent work Captain. Thanks to Ms Watson I am adding "ass hat" to my list of drunken rantings. I hope there's gravel glued to those gloves.

Go Cats!

...fustercluck...

12:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Saints may be back but they still struggle with the fact that their father butterred up to the dark side and chopped off his hand. Can they become the Jedi they have always promised? Do or not do, there is no try.

However, I feel a disturbance in the force; the chosen one Gablett has returned from the Dagobar System. The Force is strong in this one!

Beware you Trade Federationists from the banks of Port Phillip Bay, your starcruiser is shortly departing from Docking Bay Lusa, captained by Han Harvey and his offsiders Chewmontagna, Obi-Wan Koschitzke, R2Milne2 and C3P-Santo.
Destination: Heading for the Heartbreak Galaxy, near the Making Up Numbers Cluster, due north of your spiritual home, the Wooden Spoon Andromeda.

- Basso Divor

3:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't compare to those last two comments so I'm not going to bother

-Tee from Perth

LOL @ Richmond 9th once again

5:15 pm  
Blogger ADS said...

I too can not compare, but I will applaud Captain once again and mention that I am looking forward to this game a lot, the most since the Granny last year.

We're fucking unstoppable, bring it on!

7:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Basso, silly, funny and thankfully Star Wars, not Trek.

Smack them, we shall.

Tee, I pity the Tigers and wanted them to make the finals. Sure their coach is a wad and their no. 17 plays about as good as ours, but I just can't bring myself to dislike them. It's probably because they know they are shit and accept it.

Not like the usual suspects (StK, Coll, Syd) who are oblivious to their mediocrity.

What does the end of the Nablett mean????

...fustercluck...

1:35 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good posts guys
Set your phasers to funny!

Is Geelong gonna win again?
They don't get much television play over here.

Happy Ramadhan people.

Live long and Prosper.

Now you have Startrek.
Thanks

6:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fuster: I cannot believe you can compare Kane Johnson with Shannon Byrnes.

They do seem to be happy with mediocrity:
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsid=66714

The headline says it all

-Tee from Perth

9:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah Tee, I just had to give the Tiges a little clip and extract a bit of piss. I don't hate them enough to be good at it though!

Chappy has re-signed (yippee!) Pris and Lonergan are the only ones still out of contract I think. We should keep them both if we can afford to. There's still a bit of trade fodder left if we keep those 2 blokes.

re the StKilda ass hat, it would have to be a prentious little french beret, definitely not a hardhat or an Akubra or anything remotely masculine.

Bury them Cats!!

...fustercluck...

12:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hows the form of St Kilda, including a debutant from the Geelong Falcons (who grew up barracking for Geelong) on their extended bench. Talk about baptism of fire.

Anyone biting on that?

-Tee from Perth

7:59 pm  
Blogger the captain said...

asshat

12:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Cement hands" Riewoldt, Kosi "nowhere" and the "margarine midfield"! Thanks for putting on a show Sainters!


...fustercluck...

12:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bahahh Margarine-midfield

-Tee

10:12 pm  
Blogger Chris Jackson said...

I left the country to ensure that the Cats would win a premiership and in a follow-up effort, I'm going to get myself stuck in France with no viewing access. Although if we don't get over the top of the muppets in the Prelim and win a second, I think I'll wear a hooped skivy, garlic necklace, grow a pencil mo and buy a gear-less bike. I can't stand the fkn tension and we're still miles away... am I the only one in this predicament, or is London just an anxiety-producing sh*thole?

6:33 am  
Blogger geraldo at large said...

I'm in San Francisco and was here for the last finals series. I am doing my part by staying out of Australia. If I even set foot in the country I just know they will lose.

10:28 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got my tickets/flights for the Grand Final. Now that that's done, we better win this week.

Sorry I'm not doing my part by staying away.

-Tee from Perth

2:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home