Saturday, March 03, 2007

The Captain's Random Musings

Random thoughts while wondering if Boadie ever made it back in from the 50 year storm…

Did anyone else feel a smug sense of satisfaction during the Geelong v Richmond NAB Cup game when Richo, running 60 metres into an open goal, looked up, saw a team-mate ahead of him, briefly thought about the handpass, ran the extra 10 metres to kick the goal himself and then pulled a hammy on his last step? No? Just me?

Lance Whitnall is in court again after threatening to kill his own brother. It’s true, and apparently the feud began after Whitnall’s brother’s wife failed to attend a birthday party for the Carlton captain’s son. Sheesh, Lance, maybe you want to sit down for a while there champ, have a Coke or something. That’s not over-reacting at all, is it, threatening to kill someone because they couldn’t make it to your kid’s party? Late night binge drinking, beating up women, threatening to kill family members; once again, just an outstanding job by Carlton appointing him captain, just outstanding.

At the beginning of Back to the Future 2 when Doc Brown tells Marty McFly that it’s imperative he return to the future, Marty’s response is, “What, do we turn out to be assholes or something?” Like that is the worst possible future he could imagine. “Wait a minute Doc, are you telling me that I’m losing my cool? That Jason Bateman is more popular than me? Let‘s go!” Why couldn’t Doc Brown visit Emilio Estevez in the mid 80’s “Quickly! You’re about to make another Mighty Ducks movie! Oh, and you’re brother is sleepwalking his way through another season of his crappy sitcom at half a million dollars an episode… welcome to the future”

After Daniel Kerr’s effort, climbing onto the roof of a taxi and then whipping the driver with his own aerial, remind me to cross Perth off my holiday destination list. It’s enough to make you long for the carefree days of Michael Gardiner. Seriously, what’s happening over there? First Gardiner, then Cousins, now Kerr plus Dean Solomon and Chris Tarrant have just moved in down the road. It’s times like these I wish you could bet on things like ‘first AFL player to turn up dead in the Swan River’.

Do you think this is year Paul Roos comes out and says, “Alright!!! I admit it! They’re all on steroids! We haven’t had an injury for 5 freakin years! I kept waiting for you all to figure it out!!”

I know Mrs. Watson doesn’t like him, but I’m excited about the 2nd Bruce McAvaney Era.

The Kings food-taster in medieval times would have been a good job. Seeing as though you’d probably die before 25 anyway, I’d take my chances and live like a King for as long as I could. Do you think the food-taster is that the origin of the food critic? “Ah, no poison my lord, but the steak is terribly chewy and the potatoes are just slightly underdone; I’d stick with the chicken.”

With the Kangaroos finally sorting out their off-field mess and admitting they’re looking at the Gold Coast long term, how long before they figure out what a great home ground advantage they could have? If I was the Kangaroos I’d be hiring drunken schoolies to find out what hotel the visiting team is staying in and not rest until Josh Fraser has 15 Rum and Cokes, Alan Didak has a pending assault case and Ben Johnson has herpes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tee said...

I've actually got a couple of mates who haven't been assaulted by members of the West Coast Eagles

9:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Captain (or Mrs Watto), are you able to shed some light on why Jarad Rooke now apparently prefers to be known as Max?

11:07 am  
Blogger geraldo at large said...

Captain rocks

7:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scene two: Mac's bar!

1:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home