Thursday, March 09, 2006

Jitterbug, , , Jitterbug, or, the return of Scumbag

Ok, ok...now before you get shirty, I do realise I haven't posted since Friday. Give me a break though, (geeez!) it's pre-season and things are, quite frankly, fucking boring. I did consider getting David Neitz drunk and making a quick trip to Crown, just to have something to write about, but he insisted on bringing his mother, and well quite frankly, she's just annoying as he is. But anyway...

Geelong plays Freo this week in Melbourne and I gotta tell ya, I'm feeling a hell of a lot more confident this week than I have for the last two. "Why is that?," I hear some bored bastard ask. The answer my friend is quite simple: Fluffy Kingsley. That's right, the Kent of Clangers is injured, and I for one (because I believe being two is impossible at this stage) remain optimistic. The mere fact that Kingsley will be watching the game from the George & Dragon this week means that the Cats are more likely to beat the Dockers convincingly. No Kent = more goals. And here's why I think so, you clueless non-believers...

In primary school terms, Kent is hungry. Did anyone else notice the goal spree that occurred in the Geelong forward line the moment Fluffy's pansy ass left the field last week? I did. All of a sudden, Kelly, Spencer and others got on the goal kicking bandwagon and the Kangaroos were left wishing they'd bought Hay a last minute JetStar ticket. Even the week before, when Fluffy kicked 9, who else got a goal? Can you name someone other than Lonergan? And if you can, might I say that you have an impeccable memory, my friend, but you're also a smart ass.

To me this means that at the very least we can expect the flood gates to open up again this Saturday night at Telstra Dome. In the knowledge that Kent will be returning in a few weeks time to once again choke the life from his team mates, I predict that every Geelong player named will take at least 1 shot at goal. Hell, even Don Bourke might kick a goal this week without His Chestiness parading around Geelong's forward line hoping for a lucky free kick, or a defensive error.

Count on it to rain goals this weekend, G-towners, but count on Kingsley to parade on that rain again in a few weeks time.

I reckon Melbourne will beat Adelaide as well. Just sayin' is all...

Out.

PS - Can someone text me the scores, I've got band practice?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home